Enso allows Henkaku to stay permanently on the Vita even after shutting it down. This means the PS Vita will remain “hacked.” This guide install Enso for those who downgraded/upgraded their Vita to 3.65.
Enso for 3.65: GitHub Link
Step 1: Install H-encore.
- See my guide here to install H-encore.
- Make sure you downloaded and install Vitashell.
- Do not reboot or shut down your Vita, otherwise you will have to launch H-encore again.
Step 2: Download and Transfer Enso.
- Download Enso for 3.65 and Launch Vitashell.
- Press Select to bring up the FTP server information.
- Transfer the ENSO.vpk through FTP to any folder in ux0 (I usually create a VPK folder).
Step 3: Install ENSO.
- Install Enso in the folder it was transferred to.
- Press X to confirm installation.
- Go back out to the home page and go to Settings.
- Go to Henkau Settings and Enable Unsafe Homebrew.
Step 4: Go Back to the Home Page and Launch Enso.
- Go to the Home page, scroll down, and launch Enso.
- Press O to accept the terms and conditions.
- Press X to start the installation process.
- Once installation is complete, press any button to reboot (this may take a while).
- Now when booting up you should see the Enso logo instead of the PlayStation logo.
- In Settings/System Information you should see two Chinese Characters next to your firmware number.
Step 5: Spoof Firmware.
- Go to Settings, Henkaku Settings, and then Spoofed Version.
- Make sure Enable Version Spoofing is checked.
- Enter the newest firmware, which is 3.70.
The next two steps are for those who used Modoru to downgrade their Vita and want to load their previous hacks.
Step 6: Delete ux0:tai.
- Launch VitaShell and to go ux0:tai.
- Highlight the tai folder in ux0 and press Triangle and then X on delete.
- IF your old renamed tai folder is in ux0, rename it back to tai. Else move on to step 7.
Step 7: Rename old Tai folder.
- In VitaShell go to ur0:tai if your renamed folder used to be ur0:tai.
- Highlight boot_confiq.txt, press Triangle and then Copy.
- Go back to your old tai folder (I renamed mine T), highlight the .., press Triangle and then Paste.
- Press O to go back then highlight tai, press triangle, and then Delete.
- Rename the original tai folder (T in my case) back to tai (press triangle and then Rename).
- Press Start and then Reboot.
21 thoughts on “Install Enso on Firmware 3.65”
I followed your tutorials and have successfully downgraded my Vita slim to 3.65 and installed enso. I can see the enso logo now when I start my vita.
But….when I try to connect to the PS store I get error “Could not connect to server. (NW-8942-3)”
I have PSN and Version spoofing enabled, I’ve tried versions 3.70, 3.72 and 3.73, but no difference.
My Wi-Fi connection seems OK, as I can access web pages from the browser app, it’s just the store which I’m having issues with.
Any ideas how to fix this?
It looks like you need to install the itls-enso plugin to now use PSN.
I came to the same conclusion after doing a search for the issue on Google.
To try and fix the issue I found the tutorial below and installed the iTLS-Enso, but unfortunately I still can’t access the PS Store.
I’m logged into the PS Network OK in my Vita Settings, it’s just the Store app which doesn’t work.
It’s not a major issue, as I’ve since installed PKGJ. It’s just annoying when something doesn’t work 🙁
i have ps vita phat running on 3.65 enso with 8gb sony mmc and i want to upgrade to 32gb using sd2vita and Autoplugin ,is there any tutorial for this? i look up on youtube vids but i cant find any related enso hack,every tutorial is using hencore.
Yes, just look at my sd2vita guide here: https://psvitamod.com/sd2vita/. Having ENSO makes the process a lot easier, so good job there.
I followed all your tutorial, starting from downgrading 3.73 to this one (3.65). I must say, you sir did a good job in guiding us! Thanks so much!
Thank you, really appreciate your comment!
in enso mine tells me that the check of os0 failed and then asks me if i want to download 3.60 or exit the app. when i downloaded it on my other PSP it got about half way and the screen went black and wouldnt come on after about 30 minutes i reset the psp to factory
So you are on 3.65 with Henkaku installed, and you got stuck at step 4?
I had to downgrade my FW to 3.65 it couldn’t go down to 3.60, is there any way to get henkaku on 3.65?
Yes you have to use Hencore to install Henkaku, you can find a guide here: https://psvitamod.com/h-encore/
can you install enso directly on a unhacked 3.65 vita?
No you have to install Henkaku first, ENSO just permanently loads Henkaku.
so Henkaku doesn’t work on 3.65 right? soo i still need to downgrade
It does, it just involves a different method. You can install Henkaku on 3.65 at https://psvitamod.com/h-encore/, afterwards you can install Enso.
thnx for the help
So I messed up my but shell and I already henkaku hack and downgraded to 3.65. I ended up doing a system restore and memory card format. Is it safe or possible to redo the process from the beginning?
Yes that should allow you to start over.
ps vita 3.60 henkaku var 3.65 ve ya hangi sürüme geçmem gerekir bilgi verirmisiniz teşekürler?
3.60 daha kolay
Great tutorial, thanks you very much