Enso allows Henkaku to stay permanently on the Vita even after shutting it down. This means the PS Vita will remain “hacked.” This guide install Enso for those who downgraded/upgraded their Vita to 3.65.
Enso for 3.65: GitHub Link
Step 1: Install H-encore.
- See my guide here to install H-encore.
- Make sure you downloaded and install Vitashell.
- Do not reboot or shut down your Vita, otherwise you will have to launch H-encore again.
- Download Enso for 3.65 and Launch Vitashell.
- Press Select to bring up the FTP server information.
- Transfer the ENSO.vpk through FTP to any folder in ux0 (I usually create a VPK folder).
- Install Enso in the folder it was transferred to.
- Press X to confirm installation.
- Go back out to the home page and go to Settings.
- Go to Henkau Settings and Enable Unsafe Homebrew.
- Go to the Home page, scroll down, and launch Enso.
- Press O to accept the terms and conditions.
- Press X to start the installation process.
- Once installation is complete, press any button to reboot (this may take a while).
- Now when booting up you should see the Enso logo instead of the PlayStation logo.
- In Settings/System Information you should see two Chinese Characters next to your firmware number.
- Go to Settings, Henkaku Settings, and then Spoofed Version.
- Make sure Enable Version Spoofing is checked.
- Enter the newest firmware, which is 3.70.
The next two steps are for those who used Modoru to downgrade their Vita and want to load their previous hacks.
- Launch VitaShell and to go ux0:tai.
- Highlight the tai folder in ux0 and press Triangle and then X on delete.
- IF your old renamed tai folder is in ux0, rename it back to tai. Else move on to step 7.
- In VitaShell go to ur0:tai if your renamed folder used to be ur0:tai.
- Highlight boot_confiq.txt, press Triangle and then Copy.
- Go back to your old tai folder (I renamed mine T), highlight the .., press Triangle and then Paste.
- Press O to go back then highlight tai, press triangle, and then Delete.
- Rename the original tai folder (T in my case) back to tai (press triangle and then Rename).
- Press Start and then Reboot.