The lowest possible firmware to hack a PS Vita is 3.60, so if the PS Vita is under 3.60, it needs to be updated to 3.60. This guide will demonstrate how to use the web browser on the PS Vita to update the firmware to 3.60.
Playstation Vita: I got mine online from an eBay seller in Japan at https://ebay.us/aUGpF2
Connection to a WiFi network.
- Enable WiFi on the Vita and then go to the Settings.
- Go to Network/Wi-Fi Settings then click on your Network name.
- Go down to the last option of Advanced Settings.
- Set DNS Settings to Manual.
- Type in 126.96.36.199 into Primary DNS.
- Leave Secondary DNS blank and hit OK.
- Press O to go back to Settings.
- Go to System Update/Update Using Wi-Fi.
- Press Next only if the above message show up, otherwise reset the Vita and try again.
- Scroll all the way down and hit Accept and then Update.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Once complete, the screen will go black for a few seconds.
- Wait for the System Update to be done installing.
- The Vita will automatically reset once done.
- Go to Settings/System/System Settings to confirm the Vita is on 3.60.
Now that the Vita is on 3.60, follow my next guide here to permanently hack the Vita.