The reF00D plugin will allow Vita to run games or apps that requires a higher firmware. Therefore, players can stay on a lower firmware to have Enso and play newer games. If using PKGj, reF00D will replace the compatibility packs and eliminate the need to download them.
- Download reF00D and Keys.bin.
- Launch Vitashell, press START and make sure SELECT button is set to USB.
- Press SELECT to start the USB connection and transfer reF00D and Keys.bin to any folder (I created a folder called VPK).
- After transfer is complete, press SQUARE on reF00d.skprx and Keys.bin to mark them.
- Press TRIANGLE and then go to COPY.
- Now go to your tai folder in either ur0 or ux0.
- If you have both, it is best to just have the tai folder in ur0 and delete the tai folder in ux0.
- Press X on the tai folder and while highlighting .. , press TRIANGLE to PASTE.
- Press X on the confiq.txt.
- IF you have nonpdrm installed, highlight nonpdrm.skprx and press TRIANGLE and Insert Empty line (reF00D has to come after nonpdrm).
- Otherwise, highlight *KERNEL and press TRIANGLE and Insert Empty line.
- Type in reF00D.skprx (make sure it is Zero instead of the letter O, capitalization does not matter).
- Confirm the changes.
- While still in Vitashell, press START and then Reboot.
- Test out reF00D by launching something that requires a higher firmware.