There is a new plugin that is compatible with the newest games and thus have made reF00d obsolete. To play the newest games please install Osyscall6 instead, my guide for that can be found here as well.
The reF00D plugin will allow Vita to run games or apps that requires a higher firmware. Therefore, players can stay on a lower firmware to have Enso and play newer games. If using PKGj, reF00D will replace the compatibility packs and eliminate the need to download them.
- Download reF00D and Keys.bin.
- Launch Vitashell, press START and make sure SELECT button is set to USB.
- Press SELECT to start the USB connection and transfer reF00D and Keys.bin to any folder (I created a folder called VPK).
- After transfer is complete, press SQUARE on reF00d.skprx and Keys.bin to mark them.
- Press TRIANGLE and then go to COPY.
- Now go to your tai folder in either ur0 or ux0.
- If you have both, it is best to just have the tai folder in ur0 and delete the tai folder in ux0.
- Press X on the tai folder and while highlighting .. , press TRIANGLE to PASTE.
- Press X on the confiq.txt.
- IF you have nonpdrm installed, highlight nonpdrm.skprx and press TRIANGLE and Insert Empty line (reF00D has to come after nonpdrm).
- Otherwise, highlight *KERNEL and press TRIANGLE and Insert Empty line.
- Type in ur0:tai/reF00D.skprx (make sure it is Zero instead of the letter O, capitalization does not matter).
- Confirm the changes.
- While still in Vitashell, press START and then Reboot.
- Test out reF00D by launching something that requires a higher firmware.