You will need the items below to install Trinity. Your PS Vita must be on firmware 3.70 and logged into your PSN account. Create a PSN account if you are paranoid about bans, but the only bans I heard of are those who used trophy cheats. After installing Trinity, you must downgrade using Modoru here!
Step 1: Log into PSN and Download a PSP Game.
- Log into your PSN.
- Go to the Search bar at the top right and type in the PSP according to your region.
- Any PSP game will work but the following Demos are FREE options:
- Ape Quest for those in the EU/UK
- LocoRoco Midnight Carnival for those in North America
- YS Seven for those in Japan
- To check if you have an official PSP game, launch the game, and hold the PS button.
- If a settings menu pop up, you got the right type of game.
Step 2: Download and Install all Files.
- Download all 3 files, leave psvingtools unzipped for now.
- Run and install Qcma.
- Qcma appear in the system tray on the bottom right corner.
- Right click on the Qcma icon and go to settings.
- Click on Other and set the "Use this verison for updates" to FW 0.00 (Always up-to-date).
Step 3: Connect Vita to PC and Launch Content Manager
- Plug your Vita into the PC through USB.
- Launch Content Manager and go to Copy Content.
- Select PS Vita System to PC and then PSP/Other.
- Select the PSP game and then select COPY.
Step 4: Transfer PSP Game.
- Once the PSP game finished transferring, go to Documents/PS Vita/PGAME.
- Inside the PSP game there should be three folders: game, license, and sce_sys.
- Make a copy of the folder highlighted red, and store it somewhere.
- This is a backup of the unmodified PSP game tied to your account.
- Unzip everything inside the PSVIMGTOOLS folder into the PSP game folder (Highlighted in Red).
- Copy the number in the folder highlighted green (this is your Account ID).
- Go to http://cma.henkaku.xyz/.
Step 5: Use Notepad to Prepare Commands
- Paste your Account ID and click submit.
- It will generate a 64 digit number, copy the number.
- Open up NotePad and paste the two commands below.
- Use Find and Replace (CTL H). For Find what, type in YOUR_KEY and make sure there are no spaces.
- For Replace with, paste in your 64 digit key and once again make sure there are no spaces.
- Click Replace All, which should replace all YOUR_KEY text with your 64 digit number without adding or removing any spaces.
- Copy the entire first command (psvimg-extract -K YOUR_KEY game/game.psvimg game_dec, remember YOUR_KEY is now replaced with the 64 digit key).
psvimg-extract -K YOUR_KEY game/game.psvimg game_dec psvimg-create -n game -K YOUR_KEY game_dec game
Step 6: Use Command Prompt to Decrypt Game.
- Open up CMD by hitting the windows button and typing in CMD.
- In the CMD, type CD.
- Drag the PSP game folder into CMD, this will change the working directory to your PSP game file location.
- Press Enter to confirm.
- Right click to paste the command you copied at the end of Step 5 and press Enter.
- Wait for the command to finish, you will see "all done." in the CMD if it worked correctly.
Step 7: Move Trinity into the PSP Game Folder.
- Move the PBOOT.PBP file into Documents/PS Vita/PGAME/AccountID/GameID/game_dec/ux0_pspemu_temp_game_PSP_GAME_GameID/PBOOT.PBP
- AccountID is the number highlighted in Greenback in Step 4.
- GameID is the number highlighted in Red back in Step 4.
- You should see these files in the folder: EBOOT.PBP, __sce_ebootpbp and VITA_PATH.txt
- Override PBOOT.PBP if it is already in the folder.
- Copy the second command in Notepad (back in Step 5).
- Go back into CMD and right click to Paste the psving-create command.
- Press Enter and wait for the message "created game/game.psvmd"
Step 8: Delete Unnesscary Files in Trinity.
- Go back out to Documents/PS Vita/PGAME/AccountID/GameID
- Delete all the PSVIMGTOOLS files and the folder game_dec.
- Optional - Copy and paste the folder somewhere because this is the Trinity hack modified to your PSN account.
- Right click on the Qcma icon on the bottom right and go to Settings and Refresh Database.
Step 9: Copy Modified PSP Game back to Vita.
- Back on the Vita, launch Content Manager.
- Select PC to PS Vita System - Applications - PSP/Other
- Click on the PSP game and press COPY.
- Go back out to the Home screen and you should see the Trinity bubble.
Step 10: Restart and Launch Trinity.
- Restart the PS Vita.
- Turn on Wi-Fi if it wasn't on.
- Launch Trinity.
- Select Download VitaShell, then Install Henkaku, and then Exit.
Step 11: Downgrade the PS Vita.
- After hacking the Vita with Trinity it is highly recommended to downgrade the PS Vita because:
- There are no guarantees that Trinity will continue to work.
- Not every hack is guarantee to work on firmware 3.70.
- You will have to launch Trinity every time you turn off or restart your Vita.
See my guide to use Modoru to downgrade here.