FTP allows you to transfer files from your PC to any storage on your hacked PS Vita. FTP is done through a WiFi connection and does not require any USB cables. However, FTP is recommended for small files because it is a very slow process.
Files and Programs Needed
Step 2: Set up Connection to WinSCP in VitaShell.
- Turn on your Wi-Fi on the Vita and go to VitaShell.
- Press start to bring up main settings and change “SELECT button” to FTP, and press O to exit.
Step 3: Set up Connection to WinSCP.
- Press Select to bring up your FTP server information.
- These numbers allow WinSCP to connect to your Vita.
- Leave this notification on or press X.
Step 4: Set up WinSCP Login.
- Open WinSCP and on the login that pops up, change File Protocol to FTP.
- Enter the host name (appears after ftp://) and port # (last 4 digits after the colon)
- Leave User name and Password blank.
- Click Save if you want to save this Login and then Click Login.
Step 5: Click Ok on Credentials and Password.
- Two popups asking for an username and password will appear.
- Click OK on both of them without entering an username or password.
Step 6: Drag Files.
- Once login, you can click and drag any item from left to right.
- The left side is your PC and the right side is the PS Vita.