The PS Vita may prompt an update notification when the PS Vita is not on the newest update/firmware. This guide will show you how to block the update notification by connecting to a non-Sony server and “spoof” the Vita into thinking it is on the newest update/firmware.
Playstation Vita: I got mine online from an eBay seller in Japan at https://ebay.us/aUGpF2
Connection to a WiFi network.
- Enable WiFi on the Vita and then go to the Settings.
- Go to Network/Wi-Fi Settings then click on your Network name.
- Go down to the last option of Advanced Settings.
- Set DNS Settings to Manual.
- Type in 22.214.171.124 into Primary DNS.
- Leave Secondary DNS blank and hit OK.
- Press O to go back to Settings.
- Go to Henkaku Settings/Spoofed Version.
- Type in the newest firmware (as of 2019 it is 3.71).
- Go back out to Settings.
- Go to System/Auto-Start Settings.
- Make sure Download Update File for System Software is unchecked.